Toyota approached Capital-Image in 2016 with a very special mandate; to help position its fuel cell technology (i.e. hydrogen powered vehicles) in the province of Quebec. With the help of its governmental relations colleague, Louis-Charles Roy, Capital-Image developed from scratch an exhaustive, multi-panelist luncheon event to position hydrogen as a viable and exciting green technology. The Quebec’s Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Pierre Arcand was one of the guest speakers. Four industry stakeholders, including a senior Toyota executive, formed our expert panel moderated by Le Soleil scientific reporter Jean-François Cliche.
Additionally, Toyota needed the help of Capital-Image to organize a Ride and Drive media event to showcase its hydrogen vehicle, the Mirai, to Quebec reporters. In total, over 15 key Quebec trade and consumer journalists experienced the new green ride on the launch date!
- Take the ball and run! Although our client gave us only five weeks to plan our events, we rolled up our sleeves and made it happen!
- Always be ready for the unexpected! A strike affecting our initial venue; the Montreal Science Center meant that we had to turn around quickly to book a back-up venue at a time when Montreal was already overbooked with events and festival. Mission accomplished!
Results obtained from the Hydrogen panel discussion and the Ride & Drive events:
- Secured the attendance of 100 VIP guests including government representatives, industry stakeholders and media
- Obtained key meetings with important Quebec elected officials
- Generated a record 11.5 million media impressions across the province of Quebec