Kijiji is the largest free classified ads portal in Canada.
To maintain visibility for its brand in Quebec, Kijiji asked Capital-Image to design and implement a public relations campaign involving a typical Quebec activity: Moving Day on July 1st.
We decided to organize an event to tap into the connection between all that Kijiji.ca has to offer and the many moving day needs. Moving day was an excellent opportunity to draw attention to real estate-related ad categories and services available on Kijiji.ca.
To provide the campaign depth and capture the attention of the media and influencers, we used the following tactics:
- Survey, media relations and social media – We developed a media tour based on a survey commissioned by Kijiji about the clutter people accumulate. We retained the services of a professional organizer and host Sophie Chiasson who shared ideas and tips on how to declutter and reorganize for your new home.
- A moving event – The morning of July 1st, the media were invited to an actual move for a chance to interview Linda Sauvé and watch three professional strongmen lend a hand.
- Cleaning and super mover squad – Once the media event was over, the strongmen joined three promotional teams roaming the streets of Montreal looking for movers to help.
- Promotional items – While interacting with the public, the team handed out Kijiji promotional items and invited people to a complimentary happy hour at the end of a tiresome day.
- Happy hour – To strengthen ties with the brand, we hosted an “after-move” happy hour for movers and helpers at a popular Montreal bar for some well-deserved refreshments.